BLUE FLAGS OF HALKIDIKI
With 393 Blue Flag beaches, Greece is the second in the world, after Spain, among 49 countries. The International Jury awarded last year 3.103 beaches and 626 marinas world widely.
“Blue Flag” is an international symbol of quality and is considered the best-known environmental symbol in the world. It is being awardeded since 1987 on beaches and marinas that meet strict conditions .
The prefecture of Halkidiki ranks first among all the regions of our country, winning as 35 beaches and 2 marinas received the honorary distinction worldwide. Specifically, “Blue Flag” have the following beaches and marinas :
• In the Municipality of Aristotelis: 3 in Ierissos, 3 in Kamboudi, 3 in Ouranoupoli, in Agios Paulos, in Porto Agio, in Nea Roda, Stratoni and Kambos.
• In the Municipality of Sithonia: Sarti, Sykia, Toroni, Platanitsi, 2 in Porto Carras, Elia, Makria Lagada, Lagomandra, 2 in Marmaras, Livrohio.
• In the Municipality of Kassandra: Sani, 2 in Kriopigi, Fourka, Polyhrono and two in Hanioti.
• In the Municipality of Nea Propontis: Elaionas and Nea Potidea.
• Marinas of Porto Carras and Sani.