HEAVENLY BEACHES OF SITHONIA
Turquoise waters and natural coves that seem to be transferred from an Ionean island, green trails and pine paths with “mountainous” feeling, cosmopolitan beach bars and deserted beaches for every summer mood. Halkidiki seems to collect all the above highlights of every Greek corner, and yet manages to keep its own personality. The climax of the season gives us the answer: While in August Kassandra is “sinking” of tourists and cosmopolitan life, Sithonia retains the charm of isolation, offers wonderful beaches and continues to move in a more relaxed way, without missing the vibrant beach bars and culinary oases between picturesque fishing villages.
• Paradisos: Very close to the “gate” of the second leg, graphical Nikiti, being a beach paradise honors its name, throwing shadows of the trees bordering the beach and forming “sculptures” on smooth sculptured rocks to dress the turquoise waters.
• Elia: Nearby is another aquamarine crystal shelter, which assists for shallow dives and thick sand in a more organized with sunbeds and beach bars.
• Porto Koufo: The largest natural harbor of Greece is protected by two huge rocks and is ideal for ouzo and fresh seafood after the dive, in the traditional fish tavernas overlooking the boats and the Greek nature.
• Kalamitsi: Near the end of the second leg, near Sikia, the Kalamitsi has fine sand, blue waters and a small island very close, causing swimming bets up the banks.
• Kavourotripes: From the East Coast of the second leg stand Kavourotripes , with the funny name, in Greek meaning “crab holes”, tufts of vegetation that reach the sea and a favorite nudist retreat in a sheltered cove.
• Karidi: Here the dives take a sense of Holywood. Close to Vourvourou, the white rocks popping through waters over which you can mirror yourself, while romantics will find here the ideal backdrop for a dramatic breathtaking sunset.
• Armenistis: The largest camping spot of Halkidiki is here combines beach bars, relaxation and fun loving pleasures. The beaches have white sand under the imposing lush green mountain.